To be honest, this is really quite simple – when your air purifier filters are dirty, immediately change them.
But there are several factors on how often you should change your air purifier filters:
- You need to know if your air conditioning unit’s filter is also dirty.
- The overall air quality in your city
- Do you own pets such as birds, cats, dogs or other small animals that can cause allergens
- The number of occupants in your home
The general rule for most air purifier’s is to change filters every 6 to 8 months. On the other hand, if you’re in a remote area, living in a vacation home or an area where there are fewer cars around, replacing your air filters each year may be quite sufficient.
Having pets around the house is an important factor. Pets a tendency to shed, which can clog your air filter fast. Clearly, the air filter is just doing its job by capturing pet hair and dander, but tremendously dirty filters can cause weak HVAC performance.
Here’s our recommendation:
- Seldom used home or single occupant homes without pets or allergies: Change 6-12 months
- City condo or apartment type: Change every 90 days
- If you live with pets such as a dog or cat: Change every 60 days
- Living with multiple pets or have allergies: Change every 30-45 days
If you need extra assistance about your air purifier filters, we’re ready to help you out. You can contact Renaud Air’s support at firstname.lastname@example.org