- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 swordfish steaks, each about 8 ounces and 1 inch thick, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups (about 24) grape tomatoes
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- In a medium bowl combine the marinade ingredients. Put the swordfish steaks in the bowl, cover, and marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes while the grill preheats.
- Thread the swordfish and tomatoes alternately on the skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the kabobs over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the swordfish is opaque in the center but still juicy, 8 to 10 minutes, turning several times. Remove from the grill and serve right away.